Zion Outback Safaris
About Zion Outback Safaris
Zion National Park contains some of Earth’s most spectacular scenery, yet the vast majority of its 4 million annual visitors will never experience Zion beyond a few feet of the pavement. Those who do know that nature’s best kept secrets are reserved for those who venture beyond the well-worn trail.
Zion Outback Safaris makes it easy to experience many of southern Utah’s hidden treasures. We take the road less traveled to show you parts of Zion that most visitors see only in photographs, including stunning panoramas and breathtaking overlooks that have remained unchanged for a million years. See thousand year old Native American rock art, an authentic ghost town that became a Hollywood favorite, and wildlife that doesn’t behave like it lives in a zoo. Choose from one of our safaris, or take a Private *Jeep Tour to wherever you want to go. You can even combine your private tour with a Zion 360 Tour.
Both safaris depart from Majestic View Lodge in Springdale. The 2-hour “Outback” Safari explores the mesas overlooking Zion from the south side of the Virgin River, and features the old pioneer town of Grafton. The 3-hour “Mesa Vista” Safari follows North Creek toward the Kolob Terrace, then explores Smith Mesa. This area provides spectacular panoramas which stretch from West Temple to the Kolob Fingers at the northern end of the park.
Reviews & Ratings
- Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
- Recent Traveler Reviews
- “We took the mesa safari tour with Kevin. We had a great and informative time. This…” more
- “The private Jeep tour with Brendyce, was very informative. She could explain EVERY thing about this…” more
- “Ben made it easy for us to get to our trailheads and gave lots of useful…” more
- “Took a great 3 hour Jeep tour with Marianne and loved it. She showed up right…” more